Edit History

Cecil

Cecil

I figured at 700 trout if I sell them all at $40.00 minimum (they usually go for more) I've got $28,000 worth of fish in that 1/10th acre pond. I will be moving most of them this fall into a much larger pond. So much for "I hear you don't do much in aquaculture."

Got a couple of Great Blue Herons hanging around the pond even with running them off with bottle rockets and staked lines around the pond. I saw one with a trout in his mouth as I ran him off. I hate killing things but I've done everything non-lethally possible to discourage them. Looks like a permit from U.S. Fish & Wildlife for $100.00 to take a couple out is my last option. What a shame but I have to protect my investment. The profit will be my new pole building in a year or two. 

Cecil

Cecil

I figured at 700 trout if I sell them all at $40.00 minimum (they usually go for more) I've got $28,000 worth of fish in that 1/10th acre pond. I will be moving most of them this fall into a much larger pond. 

Got a couple of Great Blue Herons hanging around the pond even with running them off with bottle rockets and staked lines around the pond. I saw one with a trout in his mouth as I ran him off. I hate killing things but I've done everything non-lethally possible to discourage them. Looks like a permit from U.S. Fish & Wildlife for $100.00 to take a couple out is my last option. What a shame but I have to protect my investment. The profit will be my new pole building in a year or two.